CITT Alberta is proud to announce that in collaboration with our presenting partner, Theatre Alberta, we will be holding a 3-day ETC Console Training Course at the Jubilee in Calgary on February 27-29, 2016. This exciting training opportunity will have something to offer console users of all skill levels. From those just starting out to experienced pros. Makes a great refresher as well to learn what has changed in the the newer releases of software. These courses will be taught on Ion consoles however the software lessons will apply to the entire EOS Family of consoles (Ion, Eos, Gio, Eos Ti).
Day 1 SOLD OUT
Sunday February 28, 2016 – Level 2: Enhanced Skills (Only 1 seat left)
Day 3 SOLD OUT
Both CITT/ICTS and ETC encourage everyone to attend all 3 days however if you feel your skills are sufficiently advanced you may register for only the courses you are interested in. Conversely, if you are a drama teacher, beginning programmer/designer or just want to learn a bit more about the console and its capabilities feel free to sign up for just Level 1. All classes are strictly limited to 16 students to ensure plenty of hands on time with the console. There will be no more than 2 people per console.
You can REGISTER NOW (you will be taken to CITT/ICTS’s National website).
- If you are a member of CITT/ICTS or Theatre Alberta the cost is $90 per day.
- For everyone else the cost is $140 per day. You are encouraged to sign up for CITT membership and then register for the CITT/ICTS members discounted pricing.
- If you are registering as a member of Theatre Alberta and haven’t received the code please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the code for registration.
All classes will be held at the Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium in Calgary, Alberta. The Jube has graciously agreed to host our 3-day session as part of their 4th Annual Backstage Access Production Expo. This year Backstage Access will be a 2-day event and with your paid registration to the Console Training you will receive a code to allow you to register for the Trade Show and any of the Backstage Access programming on Tuesday March 1 for free! (This code will be provided at a later date once Backstage Access begins accepting registrations.)
Saturday February 27, 2016 – Level 1: Essentials – DAY 1 SOLD OUT!!!
Are you new to the Eos family of consoles and ready to hit the ground running with your first show? Learn all the basics you will need to get started in our Essentials class. This class will give you a solid foundation with the Eos family of consoles and prepare you to grow your knowledge as you are ready.
After completing the Level 1 class, you will be able to:
• Identify key elements of the console user interface and navigation
• Manage show files (save, edit, delete)
• Patch conventional and multi-parameter fixtures
• Work with channels in Live mode
• Record, select, and delete groups
• Record, play, and delete a basic cue
• Record to, load, and clear submasters
• Create simple step-based effects
• Understand the basics of working with a multi-parameter device
Sunday February 28, 2016 – Level 2: Enhanced Skills
Ready to move beyond the basics with your Eos family console? Build the skills you need to take your programming to the next level. Going beyond our Level 1 training, this class will get you going with some of the more advanced capabilities of your console and get you on your way to programming like a pro.
After completing the Level 2 class, you will be able to:
• Patch moving lights and multi-parameter devices and edit device attributes
• Work with non-intensity parameters and their associated functions
• Record and recall palettes and presets
• Use Direct Select and ML Control Modules
• Take advantage of discrete timing
• Use Mark and/or Auto-Mark functions
• Understand Update and its styles and modifiers
• Create a Relative and an Absolute Effect
• Create and use a magic sheet
Monday February 29, 2016 – Level 3: Advanced Programming – DAY 3 SOLD OUT!!!
Think you know all there is to know about your console? Our Level 3 class will teach even the most seasoned professionals a thing or two about the features of their console. This class is perfect for programmers who are proficient with all the functions covered in Levels 1 and 2 training and ready to learn more. This class is intended for people who are well versed in Eos family console terminology, already know the layout of the desk, and are experienced Eos family programmers.
After completing the Level 3 class, you will be able to:
• Use, store, and recall advanced displays
• Use advanced patch functions, such as copying and moving show data, editing fixture profiles, and creating keywords
• Use advanced selection and manual control features in controlling channels
• Define and use Highlight, Lowlight, and custom RemDim
• Use the fan function on encoders, the command line, and for references
• Control multiple-intensity fixtures
• Apply and store filters
• Use manual playback functions like Make Null, Make Manual, and Capture
• Use advanced palette and preset modifiers
• Use advanced cues, like Multipart, and multi-list
• Create and use Macros
• Utilize intermediate Magic Sheet features